Leads programming in one or two of St. Louis’ metropolitan elementary school settings, executing before care, aftercare and summer programs in alignment with Neighborhood Houses’ mission and goals. Provides guidance and supervision to program staff and direct service to children. Maintain compliance with licensing and funding agencies. Oversees the development of and leads activities that enrich and inspire young people to grow not only academically but with a holistic approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises program staff at one or two school sites, depending on skills and status. Key contact for parents and school administration at each location.
- Oversees completion of program outcome measurements and works to improve the performance levels of children at each site.
- Make recommendations to director to enhance program and provide new activities and learning experiences for children. Creates special activities and presentations with children for school events.
- Develops lesson plans and prepares for daily activities, including assurance that all supplies for program are available to direct care staff. Completes weekly service unit reports.
- Facilitates group activities and serve as a primary contact for students, school administrators and parents in each school.
- Coordinates snacks and meals for students.
- Furthers the mission, vision and goals of the center and Neighborhood Houses.
- Creates methods of recruiting and engaging families and children to meet goals of the strategic direction of program.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- BA degree in Elementary Education or related field preferred; or 3 yrs experience and 18 semester hours in child related courses required.
- Two years’ experience working with children and youth in academic setting or program required.
- Two years’ experience supervising others required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability and desire to work with elementary age children.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Strong academic background required
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Full and Part time hours–Mon –Fri (hours vary)
- Performs functions in a school environment.
- Performs duties in a high energy environment with children
- Ability to lift 10-25 pounds or over 25 pounds with assistance..
Submit Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to:
Gloria Hampton, Director of School Age Services
326 S. 21st Street, Suite 301
St. Louis, MO 63103
Or email Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to email@example.com