Per supervisor’s instruction create and execute programs in alignment with Neighborhood Houses’ mission and goals. Creates and maintains a positive learning environment for children 6 weeks to 5 years of age. Provides direct service to children, leading activities that encourages learning and inspires children to grow and develop in positive ways. Serves as an advocate and role model for program participants including parents. Works closely with other center staff and program volunteers in a collegial manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements children’s programs set forth by center supervisor or director, including educational, recreational, physical and character building activities.
- Assists with new program development and the enhancement of existing programs. Creates special educational and multiple development programs and presentations with children for center events.
- Develops lesson plans and prepares for daily activity. Completes weekly service unit reports.
- Facilitates group activities and serve as the participants’ primary contact. Leads by example to instill positive and responsible behaviors with children.
- Coordinates snacks and meals for children.
- Performs assessments to evaluate developmental progress of children in the classroom.
- Furthers the mission, vision and goals of the center and Neighborhood Houses.
- Maintains healthy environment including maintaining sanitary conditions of children and environment including changing diapers and washing of children when necessary.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Minimum of 9 college credit hours in Early Childhood Education required.
- Two years experience working with infants and toddler programs preferred.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Strong desire to work and develop young pre-school children.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Energetic, positive attitude with a genuine desire to inspire, motivate and lead by example.
- Child growth and development knowledge preferred.
- Organization and planning skills needed.
- Performs functions in a high energy child classroom environment.
- Ability to lift 10-25 pounds or over 25 pounds with assistance.
- Works in a moderately noisy environment.
- Works with sanitizing materials, including bleach, gloves and bio waste.
Submit Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to:
Denise Carter, Director of Early Childhood Education at Caroline Mission
2828 Caroline Street
St. Louis, MO 63104
Or email Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to email@example.com