Direct provider of after school programming in a St. Louis Region elementary school, executing programs in alignment with Neighborhood Houses’ mission and goals. Provides educational enrichment and character building programming to children. Conducts activities that cultivate growth not only academically but with a holistic approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements after school program under the supervision of the Site Coordinator/Manager. Give input into the creation of youth programming through daily direct interaction in classroom with children.
- Implements a variety of program components, including evidenced based curricula containing character education, life skills, academic and nutrition and physical fitness activities for school aged children.
- Facilitates field trips and special events for children.
- Assists in the development and implements lesson plans and prepares for daily activities.
- Facilitates regular group activities, (including educational, recreation, character building) and serves as a primary contact for students.
- May provide individual tutoring with children.
- Responsible for various weekly programmatic reports.
- Distributes snacks and meals to children.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- 2 plus years experience in programming with school age children; or AA degree in Elementary Education, or related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organization and planning skills a must.
- Strong ability and desire to work with elementary age children.
- Ability to provide educational assistance to school aged children.
- Strong math, reading, spelling and comprehension skills necessary.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Part time – Mon through Fri 2:00pm-7:00pm(hours vary)
- Performs functions in classroom and school environment.(locations vary)
- Performs duties in high energy environment with children and youth.
- Ability to lift 10-25 pounds or over 25 pounds with assistance.
Submit Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to:
Gloria Hampton, Director of School Age Services
326 S. 21st Street, Suite 301
St. Louis, MO 63103
Or email Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org